[WikiEN-l] 'AIDS Kills Fags Dead' slogan

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Mon Mar 3 03:47:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 07:24:37PM -0800, Zoe wrote:
>   Cunctator insists on having an article at [['AIDS Kills Fags Dead'
>   slogan]], despite many other people's objections.  There seemed to have
>   developeda consensus that the article be called [[Homophobic hate
>   speech]], but Cunctator decided unliaterally to change that.  We need a
>   decision that everybody can live with.

The article is about the slogan, isn't it?  It is false and misleading
to name the article "Homophobic hate speech" when it is really about the
slogan "AIDS Kills Fags Dead".

The real question you should be asking is: is such an article encyclopedic,
and does it belong in the Wikipedia at all?  I respectfully submit to
the jury that such an article is NOT encyclopedic, and does not belong
in the Wikipedia.

Denis Diderot is rolling in his grave at your descration of his legacy.
You Wikipedians would have crucified Samuel Johnson long ago, had he
shown up and tried to contribute.  Shame.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2