[WikiEN-l] More on Athere

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sun Jun 29 02:15:40 UTC 2003

Robert wrote:
[snip]

>Most English speakers use the names "Gaia theory" and "Gaia
>hypothesis" interchangably.  They do make a distinction
>between Lovelock's Gaia theory and Margulis's Gaia theory,
>but not with the terminology she uses.
>
>Further, we *already* have an article on this subject
>[[Gaia theory (biology)]] that discusses both points of
>view in detail. Yet Anthere keeps insisting that we have
>THREE articles on this same topic, in the same detail.

[snip]

Without devolving into flames and calls for banning, could you please
answer the following questions?

a) What's wrong with having three articles (overview, specific on
Lovelock, specific on Margulis)?

and

b) What terminology would you recommend, and on what basis?

And Anthere, can you please answer these questions?

a) What's wrong with one big article covering both these two specific
versions and other variants?

and

b) What's the basis for the particular page titles you're advancing?

That would go a long way towards sorting this out.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)