[WikiEN-l] More on Athere

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 01:58:30 UTC 2003

More on Anthere. Sigh, It just keeps getting worse.  She
has now made a comment on a Talk page, rebutting a position
she thinks I have. The problem is, I don't have the
position that she attributes to me.

Do you see why I keep saying that this is the *English*
Wikipedia?

Anthere bizarrely writes "RK, you just can't remove this
page. Gaia Theory was originally proposed as The Gaia
Hypothesis by James Lovelock in 1972. Please check your
references. It was found in Gaia: a new look at life on
earth. It just is not the same thing that the Gaia theory
proposed later."

This is just insane. (A) I never claimed that post-Lovelock
ideas of gaia are the same as his 1972 hypothesis. In fact,
I repeatedly wrote the exact opposite!  (B) English
speakers DO NOT use the bizarre terminology that Anthere
uses. She uses the title of Lovelock's book (gaia
hypothesis) as the name for his version of the theory, and
the nam "Gaia theory" for Margulis's version. The problem
is that most English speaking scientists DO NOT use this
terminology.

Most English speakers use the names "Gaia theory" and "Gaia
hypothesis" interchangably.  They do make a distinction
between Lovelock's Gaia theory and Margulis's Gaia theory,
but not with the terminology she uses.

Further, we *already* have an article on this subject
[[Gaia theory (biology)]] that discusses both points of
view in detail. Yet Anthere keeps insisting that we have
THREE articles on this same topic, in the same detail.  One
on [[Gaia theory (biology)]], one on [[Gaia theory]] and on
[[Gaia hypothesis]]. No English speaking scientists use
this terminology.

Look, we already went through this once before, and now I
am asking Wikipedai Sysops to talk to her. If she can't
follow English speaking conventions, then she should not be
here at all. Let her work on Wikipedia-French, or any other
forum.

But I am sick of her confusion...or trolling.

Robert (RK)

=====
"I prefer a wicked person who knows he is wicked, to a righteous person who knows he is righteous".
The Seer of Lublin [Jacob Isaac Ha-Hozeh Mi-Lublin, 1745-1815]