[WikiEN-l] Chuck,

KNOTT, T TKNOTT at qcl.org.uk
Fri Jun 27 15:29:32 UTC 2003

I'm a bit uneasy about people reverting ChuckM edits before he has actually
been banned. What must it look like to newbies?

He has already put a very unwelcoming message on JCarriker's talk page.
JCarriker being a new user. Unfortunately it was deleted before I could
replace it with a welcome message so I don't have a copy but it would very
likely have put a new user off. I don't want any of "our" behaviour to look
equally off putting. I'm sure he'll be banned soon enough.

Having said that since it is pretty clear he is DW. We could possibly just
go ahead and put a hardban notice on his ban page.

I don't know, but I do know that I don't want new, potentially very good
wikipedians to think. "This place is far too unfriendly for me" and go away.

Theresa