[WikiEN-l] PP and ban

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jun 24 09:52:46 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:

>Well. Other perfectly well integrated editors have
>done similar things. Ie, considering the point of view
>of editors who had made a very small number of
>contributions had less weight than them. Imho, that
>makes sense. Also, he did not try to "cheat" and make
>the change with noone being aware of it, since he put
>a comment.
>
>I think were more and more things be decided by votes
>(how sad), there is perhaps need to check whether
>there is no double voting.

If we end up in a situation where votes make a difference, we shouldn't
put ourselves in a position where double voting will have any
significant effect.  That's better than trying to devise schemes for
frustrating the cheaters.

Where votes are taken they can only give us temporary solutions.  New
people who join after the vote should have the opportunity to have their
influence mean something even if it means reversing a policy..

Ec