[WikiEN-l] Re: Goatausaur for sysop

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:58:15 UTC 2003

>Dante Alighieri wrote:
>>Isn't it currently the convention to use [[Wikipedia:Requests for
>>adminship]] for this?
>>
>>At 01:09 PM 6/21/2003, you wrote:
>>

>>>I want to propose Goatasaur to become a sysop. (This is my third attempt.
>>>Two previous attempts ran into technical difficulties!) In my experience
>>>Goatasaur is a competent, serious contributor who would make a extremely
>>>good and effective sysop. It is a pleasure to propose him.
>>>
>>>JT

Given that I could not get onto wiki without getting error messages, and
when I /did/ get onto wiki, it was so slow it took 26 minutes to open Mav's
talk page (or rather, after 26 minutes I gave up), using
[[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship]] was not an option. The only way to make
a nomination was via this route (and even this way involved getting messages
telling me that the wiki-list is a members' only list and I wasn't a
member!!!

JT