[WikiEN-l] close, but no cigar

Julie Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 22:06:47 UTC 2003

Erik -

I think sophistry is the word you're looking for.  Your last on the fact
that there is a disclaimer - if one knows where to look, and certainly
not highly visible on the main page - only proves my point and
objection.   There is a certain mindset that says that doing things that
are clearly unethical or against the spirit of the law (rule, more,
code, standard, etc.) are all right as long as they follow the letter of
the law.  I'm sorry you think that's enough.

Oh - and when did helping people make informed choices stop being a
courtesy and become a form of censorship?

JHK