[WikiEN-l] FW: Advisories and saying goodbye -- long

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 21:33:00 UTC 2003

Julie-

> The initial question/suggestion was to place a visible advisory that the
> wikipedia contains information that some people might find
> objectionable.

The very first sentence of the very first page of Wikipedia reads:

"Wikipedia is a multilingual project to create a complete and accurate
open content encyclopedia."

complete
accurate
open
encyclopedia

In my opinion, this is both more honest and more tasteful than any
disclaimer could ever be. Regardless, Some people have created the page

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AContent_disclaimer

which is linked from

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AAbout

I don't like this very much, but it is a compromise I can live with.

Regards,

Erik