[WikiEN-l] DW back as Joe Canuck

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 05:52:35 UTC 2003

>So if Joe is indeed the latest DW incarnation, given that
>he is a multiple banned user given to legal threats, how
>should we act? Michael is an arrogant crude kid. DW is a
>far more threatening type of individual who  tries to intimidate
>wikipedians with threats of court cases. He like Michael is also
>multiple banned. How should we respond to his latest visitation?
>
>JT

Even if he is not DW then he needs to be sternly warned not to violate
Wikiquette and that to be considered "fair" a basic requirement is that the
image's source needs to be given.

I had my suspicions too when I saw he was editing the Year in Sports pages in
the same very odd way DW was under a previous incarnation. Just look at the
horrible mess at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_in_sports - which isn't
at all similar in format to any other year page type. This is classic DW -
completely ignoring established presentation conventions.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)