[WikiEN-l] Just to throw this out there...

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri Jun 13 10:43:14 UTC 2003

LittleDan wrote:

>Toby Bartels wrote:

>>Daniel Mayer wrote:

>>>You hit the nail on the head (sic. you are 100% right,
>>>IMO). That is why we need a bunch of external team
>>>certification/sifter projects setting their own
>>>criteria. Let them deal with these issues and let us
>>>get back to business writting a complete, accurate and
>>>NPOV encyclopedia.

>>Keeping in mind that many of "us"
>>will want to work on a Sifter/Edupedia project.

>Also that the programming would probably be much
>harder if a seperate database and web interface had to
>be created for approval.

If Edupedia follows the model that Sifter was planning on,
the main database would remain in one place, at Wikipedia.
Any separate Edupedia database would only have to specify
which Wikipedia pages (and maybe which versions)
are included in the various categories that it supports.
To some extent, a <www.edupedia.org> domain
will necessitate a separate web interface,
but of course it could be very similar to Wikipedia's.
The bulk of the data, in any case, would be together.

-- Toby