[WikiEN-l] Two different cases of working with non-native English speakers

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Jun 10 23:11:05 UTC 2003

>  Robert wroites: Um, I am totally confused.

That much is certain.

> I just don't like it when someone with poor English skills
> is rude to English speakers, and insist on adding material
> and phrasings that are vague, incomprehensible, mistaken,
> or using non-standard definitions of words that no other
> English speakers use.
> Is the difference between these two cases clear now?

Yes, the difference is clear, and those of us who jumped on the gun about
the have admitted our mistake in misunderstanding the problem. In the
future, it would be helpful if one (in this case, James - and afterward
Robert) phrases the problem in the correct way: "Im having an EDIT WAR with
so and so, and he's under some misconceptions about several things. His
English is also poor. I'd like some help."

Thats it! Nes pa?

I admit to having complicated matters by introducing my pet theories of
phonetic English (someday...) etc. At least YoungDan seemed interested.

_SM