[WikiEN-l] Two different cases of working with non-native English speakers

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 17:44:51 UTC 2003

Fred Bauder wirtes:

> To crab up and fall into a negative posture is simply
> rude beyond words. In the case of Wikipedia articles
> I can't imagine a more productive situation than
> a free-flowing and respectful relationship with
> the fluent English speaker sometimes editing a bit for
> syntax and the native Chinese speaker grounding material
> in Chinese reality. It's always worth the trouble.

Um, I am totally confused. Why are you rebutting a position
that no one has?  I certainly never offered a position
anything like the one Fred is imagining.  In fact, I
totally agree with everything Fred has written here.  I
think it is *wonderful* that an English speaker would work
with someone to help improve an article.

I just don't like it when someone with poor English skills
is rude to English speakers, and insist on adding material
and phrasings that are vague, incomprehensible, mistaken,
or using non-standard definitions of words that no other
English speakers use.

Is the difference between these two cases clear now?

Sheesh,

Robert (RK)

=====
"I prefer a wicked person who knows he is wicked, to a righteous person who knows he is righteous".
The Seer of Lublin [Jacob Isaac Ha-Hozeh Mi-Lublin, 1745-1815]