[WikiEN-l] Let's get a few things straight, shall we?

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sat Jun 7 21:49:32 UTC 2003

Let's get a few things straight, shall we?

There was *one* single objector to the compromise we hammered out on
bird and mammal names months ago - the same objector who recently
suddenly took it upon himself to start a single-handed campaign of what
can only be described as vandalism - even stooping to the level of cut
and paste page moves at one point - and an objector who practically
never bothers to contribute anything to the fauna articles in any case,
just talks about them at great length, and wastes enormous amounts of
the time  of the people who *are* doing the work, and causes a great
deal of genuine distress to useful contributors.

At the conclusion of the debate, I waited several days extra just to
make sure that there was indeed a consensus before going to work on the
bird and mammal entries.

Since then, this same person has raised the issue on the mailing list
once again, and on getting no response to his increasingly strident
messages, went on his vandalisim spree, and afterwards (astonishingly)
had the gall to refer directly to me with the phrase "a liar's phony
allegations", despite the evidence of his actions being plain for all
to see in recent changes. His credibility on this issue is zero.

I have had an absolute gutful of this bullshit.

Sorry for the frank language, but that's what this is: utter bullshit,
and I'm dammed if I'll stop working on useful articles in order to
engage in yet another massively time-consuming debate, particularly not
with a non-contributor who's behaviour in this matter has been
appalling. I have *real* work to do.

Now, how about some peace and quiet for a change, so that I and the
other people who do the hard yards on fauna can get on with the job?

Tony