[WikiEN-l] Michael's talk page and the server

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Fri Jun 6 22:55:21 UTC 2003

I tried to post on User_talk:Michael a response to Rotem Dan's defense
of Michael. I received an MySQL error, where it quoted the talk page,
and said "error trying to insert into old" something or other. I'm sorry
that I was not able to get the exact error message. I am not currently
able to access Wikipedia. Here is what I intended to say, with Rotem
Dan's quote for context.

* [[User:Rotem Dan|Rotem Dan]] -- ''"Fun Fun Fun in the fluffy chair
Flame up the herb Woof down the beer ..."'', this is really nice and
funny! :) I think Michael is an imaginative and creative person who
likes music a lot, has good writing skills, and needs a medium to
express himself. The only problem is that he seems to have some major
problem with giving attention to details, as in the accuracy of the
articles that he writes. Naturally, that upsets fellow wikipedians. I
bet that his responses and behavior weren't so vulgar and defensive if
people were more at ease with him, and understood his problems. I have
already proposed that he should be allowed to use his own namespace,
that starts with his name, say [[Michael:Crass]], for his article about
[[Crass]] (that would be transferred to the main article after it has
been factually approved), or he could also write in the meta-wikipedia
(but I think it having his own namespace is preferable).

:Rotem Dan, those lyrics are actually by the band the Dead Kennedys, in
the song MTV Get Off The Air. Michael did not write them. Many users
have tried to be compassionate towards Michael. However, his articles
are consistently inaccurate, and he reverts corrections. He is vulgar to
users, and refuses to listen to any advice on the talk page, or follow
the rules. If he is indeed a music-lover with good writing skills,
perhaps he needs another medium, since he refuses to cooperate with this
one. It's a big Internet out there, surely he'll find his niche. Nearly
all of our users follow the rules most of the time, are generally nice
to each other, and try to ensure that the encyclopedia is both complete
and accurate. Why should extra time be spent checking the accuracy of
contributions that are almost always incorrect, using tact on someone
who is consistently vulgar, and who shows no desire to follow rules or
change behavior? He has made death threats on several users. Whatever
problem he has is for he and his psychologist to deal with. We will not
be his catharsis.
:--~~~

--

--cprompt