[WikiEN-l] Re: We need a way to deal with AOL vandals THIS year

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Fri Jun 6 07:23:55 UTC 2003

Tony Wilson wrote:

> This current vulnerability is a *major* problem, and in my view it
> needs action RIGHT AWAY.
>
> In the meantime, Michael is running rampage through the database.

I remember, that someone on this list made the proposal to contact AOL in
order to ask them, if they could help in this problem. In my opinion we
should think about this option. It would be the easiest way to get rid of
this problem. There is only one Michael occupying our resources. Changing
our policies would be an adequate option, if there would be dozens of users
behaving like him. But in the moment it is only he.

I beg pardon, if this should have been already discussed. I wasn't around
the last month, so it may be that I missed such a discussion.

Mirko (Cordyph)