[WikiEN-l] Re: Filtering, etc.

koyaanis qatsi obchodnakorze at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 10:40:36 UTC 2003

Julie asks:
> By the way, is anybody referring to articles OTHER
> than the ones with explicit sexual (in any variety)
> details?

Well, sure, I was just leaving most of them out
because the email was long already.  Let's see, what's
a list of things I could imagine people wanting to
keep their kids in the dark about:

The Holocaust
Cannibalism
Dismemberment
Insanity
Genocide
Matricide, patricide, infanticide
Suicide
Slavery

Oddly enough, not the Old Testament, in spite of
including all of the above that it feasibly could.

There are also other piddling things like profanity
and drug use that kids can often school their parents
in.  FWIW, I think parents choose to delude themselves
in large part, imagining children are more naive than
they are or ever have been.  I'll give you a colorful
anecdote if you care--in private--but most of you
probably don't.

kq