[WikiEN-l] Re: blanket reverts

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Jun 2 08:22:29 UTC 2003

At 01:28 PM 6/1/2003, you wrote:
>--- Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > well that doesn't prohibit unrevereting of his good
> > edits, does it?
> > --LittleDan
>
>Yes, it does.  There is no such thing as a good
>Michael edit.  Unless you want to to go the trouble of
>verifying that every single thing he wrote was
>correct, don't even try to think that there is a good
>Michael edit.  And besides, Jimbo has said he is
>banned until he sends him an email saying that he
>wants to be reinstated.  He is specifically
>contraverting Jimbo's stand on the subject until such
>a time, and because of that, and because of the
>time-consuming problem of verifying each and every
>thing he writes, blanket reversion is the only
>recourse.
>
>Zoe

I agree with Zoe. Let me put it this way. I don't care if Michael's only
edit to a given article is to correct the spelling of a single word, I'm
reverting it. I may then choose to edit the page myself and correct the
spelling myself, but I will not knowingly let Michael edit the Wikipedia,
under any circumstances. Well, I might make an allowance on a talk page,
but probably not.

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321