[WikiEN-l] User Michael and ways to deal with him

Jimmy O'Regan jimregan at o2.ie
Mon Jun 2 05:43:27 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:

>--- Jimmy O'Regan <jimregan at o2.ie> wrote:
>

>>Should there not be a boilerplate text which can be
>>used in these
>>events? Something to the effect of:
>>==Page out of service==
>>
>>This page is under a
>>[[meta:Wikipedia:Raincloud|Raincloud]] - it was
>>written by a [[meta:bans|banned user]]. If you wish
>>to check the facts
>>of previous versions of this page, you may do so by
>>selecting "Page
>>History" at the top of this page. If you wish to
>>write a new version of
>>this article, you may do so by selecting "Edit this
>>page" from the top
>>of this page.
>>

>And who will go around cleaning those up?  Besides, it
>leaves Michael's name in the history even though he is
>banned.

Anyone with an interest in the topic: the hypothetical person who would
end up reading the text I suggested? As to leaving Michael in the edit
history, a) I didn't realise a ban meant purging all mention of the
offender, b) it could cause copyright problems in the few cases where
Michael or a user suspected of being Michael leaves mostly valid
information (though given the type of these details, fair use probably
covers them).