[WikiEN-l] Request for Arbitration

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Tue Dec 9 00:05:26 UTC 2003

Lir (A [name omitted for privacy reasons]) wrote:

>Wik keeps removing "Halloween" from [[October 2003]]; in my part of the
>world, Halloween was front page news for a week -- there was a great deal of
>discussion about the decline of Halloween in Europe. Please arbitrate this
>issue.

Mediate, not arbitrate.

But in this case, it might help to start at [[Talk:October 2003]] --
currently empty of any discussion of this point by either you or Wik.

We shouldn't burden the Mediation Committee with disputes
that people haven't tried to resolve on their own.

(Although in this case, I recognise that there is more to mediate
between Lir and Wik than just this one article.)

-- Toby