[WikiEN-l] Oh, I give up

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Dec 8 23:48:42 UTC 2003

Toby wrote, incredulously:

> Given the context of this post, it would appear
> that Ed thinks that people are ganging up on RK,
> and then we're trying to excuse this because RK
> reacted badly.

No, Toby, you got the cart before the horse.

Rather, I think what happened the last time is that:
(1) People ganged up on RK (or it seemed that way to him)
(2) He defended himself (in a way people thought was inexcusably bad)
(3) They used his 'defensiveness' as an excuse to ban him

I am not saying that people used (2) to defend (1), but that they used
(2) to defend (3).

Oh, what's the use! No one listens to me anyway. Cunctator picks apart
everything I say and ignores my main points just because I don't start
right. Erik (on the talk page) puts words in my mouth.

I guess it's time for me to start threatening to "resign" again. How
long has it been since my last 'threat'? Mav, are you keeping track?

Ed Poor