[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia hierarchy (Was: New policy on edit conficts)

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen jheiskan at welho.com
Fri Dec 5 21:45:53 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 23:06, Toby Bartels wrote:

    Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote in part:

    >Now at the other end of things, maybe at this point on the English
    >wikipedia we have enough sysops in attendance at any one time, that it
    >would not be unreasonable to require two concurring sysops to perform
    >sysopactions which are uncommonly needed but potentially particularly
    >controversial. I am thinking about unprotection of pages and undeletion
    >as well.

    Undeletion should never require more official validation than deletion.

The inclusion of the word "never" in your argument; and the absence of a
stated justification for your view; suggests that your position is a
dogmatic one. Am I mischaractericising your attitude?

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen (aka Cimon Avaro)