[WikiEN-l] contributions of User:Mr-Natural-Health

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Dec 4 20:23:02 UTC 2003

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> >This person needs a stern talking to.
> >From his user page:
> >under "modified pages"
> >"Alternative medicine - I cleaned up this article. I removed the anti-bias
> >and made it pro-alternative medicine."
> >
> >under "Interests"
> >"To get important natural health related information and definitions in an
> >Internet accessible encyclopedia / dictionary."
> >
> >It is clear that /his/her/its purpose is to inject their POV and remove
> >that of others.
> >
> So he's trying to put his own spin on things.  How is that so different
> from what most Wikipedians are trying to accomplish?  Announcing areas
> of interest is pretty normal.

But doesn't that first one go pretty far beyond announcing an area of
interest?  We don't want articles to be "pro-alternative medicine" or
"anti-alternative medicine".

Certainly, if he came across an anti-biased article, and made it more
neutral, that's wonderful, not a problem at all.  But if his intention is
to make it pro-, hmmm, not really right, eh?

The second one, I agree, is a perfectly valid goal.

--Jimbo