[WikiEN-l] A concept from Buckminster Fuller

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Nov 25 13:25:50 UTC 2002

Larry Sanger wrote:
> Now, don't get me wrong.  I really do wish we all were a *lot* nicer to
> each other than we have been.

Me too, although at the same time I'm impressed with how nice everyone
usually is.  As compared to the typical mailing list or Usenet debate,
wikipedia /talk pages are very co-operative (on the whole).

Virtually all discussions start with the base assumption that the
other person wants to get it right as much as we do, and that
differences are cause for careful analysis and tweaking, not for flame
wars.

It doesn't always go that way, of course, and unfortunately, but usually
it does.  Some are masters at it.

--Jimbo