[WikiEN-l] Facts and NPOV

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Nov 21 21:05:01 UTC 2002

Given the trashing of Lomborg by Scientific American and the faking of
data for grant money, there is plainly a need for NPOV in science as
well as in politics.

Researcher A says there's a warming trend; researcher B says there
isn't. And C says the sunspot cycle correlates with temperature more
closely than carbon dioxide level does; while agency D never mentions
the sunspot cycle in any of their reports.

So much of what "we all know" often turns out to be propaganda. My hope
is that by naming the voices in the clamor, we can give listeners a
chance to discern the voice of reason. We'll lead them to the water, but
we shouldn't force them to drink it.

Ed Poor