[treasurers] Welcome, and introductions

Tomer Ashur tomerashur at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 06:39:56 UTC 2011

My Name is Tomer Ashur (תומר אשור) in Hebrew.

I've been an editor on he.wiki since 2008, a member of Wikimedia Israel
since 2009, a member of its board and its treasurer since 2010 and its
chairman since 2011. I was also part of the core team of Wikimania 2011,
in charge of the time resources and logistics management.

I was a captain in medics corps of the Israel Defence forces and was
stationed at various positions. The last of which was the head of IT
branch of the military school of medicine. I completed a Bsc in Computer
Science and management at the open university of Israel.

After I left the army I joined an international Tel-Aviv based
data-security start up company, built its support team and worked as its
support manager and senior pre-sale engineer. I was the CIO of a
healthcare company and worked as an implementation project manager for a
delivery company.

Today, I'm a graduate student and a teaching assistance at the
university of Haifa. My field of study is cryptography (Specifically,
I'm trying to break ciphers and other cryptographic systems).

I'm interested in governance from the managerial side. That is: How can
we build a sustainable, fully functional multinational operation with
checks and balances toward all stakeholders that is actually working.
That is not an easy thing but suspect it is possible.

I'm very happy to be part of this group
Tomer Ashur
Wikimedia Israel