[treasurers] Welcome, and introductions

Thierry Coudray thierry.coudray at wikimedia.fr
Sat Dec 10 23:22:27 UTC 2011

I would feel more comfortable with this very specific list, if all those
who have signed up, give their real name and more informations on their
background ... and I immedialtly put what I said into practice.

My name is Thierry Coudray. I'm a contributor on Wikipedia in French since
2005, member of Wikimedia France since 2007, Wikimedia France board member
since March 2010 and volunteer treasurer of the French Chapter since august
2010.

I've no specific background in finances or accountings (I've studied
logistics and human ressources), I've worked as an executive for 12 years
in an international long term rental car company, in logistics, purchases
and at the end, operational risks management. At this last position, I was
in charge of the respect of some accountability aspects of the French
subsidiary (quite formative for a Latin to complain to Dutch rules :)). I
worked after in freelance for a small electric car company until last
february and others freelance activities. My involment in Wikimedia makes
some of my relatives thinking its my full time job :).

I've learned a lot about charities accountings, * *regulatory framework of
associative tax policy and accountabiliy this last year as WMFr had to
compliance its accountings with French standards for charities which call
for publics donations (quite binding despite our small size with audited
accountings and accomptability, specific financial reports for donators,
detailled and certified financial reports, etc.) and as Wikimedia France
has recruited its first employee last year.
Figures : In 2011 Wikimedia France has a budget about 250 000 €, 4
employees and 300 members.

Thierry

Thierry Coudray
Administrateur - Trésorier