[Toolserver-l] performance issues

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Sat Oct 29 13:18:47 UTC 2011

Hello,
At Saturday 29 October 2011 15:04:30 DaB. wrote:
> This queries, and others like it, have not caused problems for the
> last one (two? I can't remember) years they've been in place.
> Something has changed for the far, far worse.

have you ever thought about the possiblity that maybe there are more users on
the TS and more people who use the toolserver now than 2 years ago? Or maybe
it is just people like you, who let a query for a WEBTOOL run for 71 minutes!

We are just short on hardware at the moment, and the situation will not change
for some time, so we all have to live with the things we have and if a tool
breaks because it consumes too much resources, then the dev. has to look if
he/she can optimize it or it breaks!

Sincerly,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885