[Toolserver-l] Wikipedia database replication on Google's cluster

RYU Cheol rcheol at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 07:46:13 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I just hit an idea that we could use computing power of google's appengine.
AppEngine provides limited free accounts. It provides python runtime
environment as well as URL fetch and Bigtable API.
I suppose Bots could run on AppEngine with minor ports. And if Google kindly
provide database cloning, toolserver could reduce a bunch of overhead.

What do you think about this proposal to Google?

--Cheol