[Textbook-l] Problem with NPOV

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:59:55 UTC 2006

I'm not saying that I want Jimbo to mandate a definition to us, but I also
don't want him making generalized statements of what "does and does not
belong" on wikibooks if there is no formal policy to back such statements
up. If he wants the world to know that material on wikibooks must follow
such and such criteria, then that criteria should be laid out unambiguously
in policy. There currently is no policy, ergo we cannot be expected to know
unambiguously what does and does not belong on our project. We do need to
"pick through" such matters, and the outcome might not always be what Jimbo
or the foundation wants.

--Andrew Whitwort