[Textbook-l] Textbooks (response to Jimbo's WikiEN-l post)

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Jun 26 19:28:33 UTC 2003

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> "reasonable creationist" sounds oxymoron to me.

Try Phillip E. Johnson, a law professor at the University of California
at Berkeley.

http://www.origins.org/articles/johnson_evolutionofacreationist.html

I think he's wrong about lots of things, certainly wrong about
evolution in general, but I've read his book (years ago, now), and I
was impressed that he's very much not a cultist.

> Could we please stop being US-centric ? There aren't any
> creationists anywhere else in the world, and those in US seems more
> like some kind of cult than something that has anything to do with
> science.

I don't see anything particularly US-centric about this discussion.

--Jimbo