[Textbook-l] public domain works with marginal notes

Karl Wick karlwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 20:39:51 UTC 2003

The [[staff lounge]] had some talk about loading public
domain books on the site with space to make annotations to
them. While I thought little about it now I realized that
we could put up the works of William Shakespeare and allow
people to add comments and explanations on the margin. That
would be so cool !! There is no site out there that I know
of that does this. Little by little we could amass a huge
volume of knowlege on these works in one place that is
currently only available dispersed throughout various
printed texts as well as the minds of teachers and
professors at large. Shakespeare seems like the place to
start, along with maybe a public domain translation of the
Bible, or parts of both of those works.

-- Karl