[teampractices] Long Read on "self-organization" at Zappos

Adam Wight awight at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 18 20:56:32 UTC 2016

Thanks, I'd be interested to hear the perspective from the insiders, too,
I'll forward if I find anything.

The Forbes article is quite dishonest reporting, as much as I agree with
the sentiment behind it. 18% turnover seems low considering the 3+ month
severance deal they offered everyone, and there is no comparison to the
turnover prior to their structural changes.

Another enormous hole is the assumption that everything at zappos is still
decided in a top down way. I think that's unlikely to be the case, and
anyway it would require interviews or other real data to make that claim.

Looking forward to learning more!

Adam