[teampractices] "It will never work in theory"

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 20 15:48:27 UTC 2015

And these days I'm more interested in stuff like this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/opinion/sunday/why-some-teams-are-smarter-than-others.html?_r=0
(which
also discusses remote teams)

(Overview of two studies published in Science)

Instead, the smartest teams were distinguished by three characteristics.

First, their members contributed more equally to the team’s discussions,
rather than letting one or two people dominate the group.

Second, their members scored higher on a test called Reading the Mind in
the Eyes, which measures how well people can read complex emotional states
from images of faces with only the eyes visible.

Finally, teams with more women outperformed teams with more men.