[teampractices] interesting read on the problems with KPIs

Dan Duvall dduvall at wikimedia.org
Tue Dec 15 21:39:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Kevin Smith <ksmith at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing that, Anne. I had seen it as well. I was hoping for a
> good critique, but at best it seemed to be a rant about not misusing KPI's.
> I would love to read an article covering the same ground, but with more
> concrete examples of bad KPI's.

It took me a while to find in my history but the best example I've come
across of both good and bad real-world KPIs is in this article. It's an
oldie and long but focuses on nonprofits and is well worth the read.

http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/social_sector/measuring_what_matters_in_nonprofits

--
Dan Duvall
Automation Engineer