[teampractices] Trellos & Minglers, what is blocking your migration to Phabricator?

Dan Garry dgarry at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 23 18:27:28 UTC 2014

Let's not turn this in to a debate about the advantages of native
applications over mobile web pages. :-)

Suffice to say apps are faster, more responsive, and have vastly reduced
startup costs compared to mobile web pages, and those things are very
important when you're on a mobile device.

Basically, what's blocking me is a lack of understanding of Phabricator and
a lack of time to poke around in it to try to replicate a similar
experience to that I get from Trello. I have doubts that Phabricator has
everything I need, especially since I have yet to be consulted before being
faced with this migration deadline. What would help is for someone to build
out example Phabricator boards for my team's current and next sprints, and
to prove me wrong about thinking it lacks the required functionality.

I'm not sure how realistic my request is, but you did ask what I wanted,
after all. ;-)

Dan

On Thursday, October 23, 2014, Andre Klapper <aklapper at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> > On Oct 23, 2014, at 1:18 AM, Jared Zimmerman
> > <jzimmerman at wikimedia.org <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > > Real time updates.
> > > multi-user simultaneous editing.
>
> Related: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T765
>
> > > An iPhone app.
>
> I'd be interested in specific issues you (plural) run into when using
> Phabricator in a mobile browser (and what might make you think that a
> mobile app is required or 'superior' etc to Phab's web UI).
>
> Phabricator has a responsive UI and its developers are impressively
> responsive (no pun intended) and interested in our feedback / issues.
>
> Thanks,
> andre
>
> --
> Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler