[teampractices] Impressions about the switch from Trello to Phabricator

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Wed May 14 23:46:04 UTC 2014

Thank you for this complete overview!

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> *TL;DR* summary: I think the project management tools in Phabricator are
> just fine. They have some strengths and some weaknesses, like all software.
> For me the killer feature is having just one canonical place to talk about
> MediaWiki development. Consequently, I think embracing the full suite of
> tools (i.e. migrating from both Gerrit and Bugzilla) is a blocker for
> making it worth my time to abandon Trello.

I really hope teams using Trello start migrating as soon as Day 1. We will
do our best to have the code review features as soon as possible. A lot of
people is investing a lot of time to fix the current community divide
between Bugzilla-Gerrit and Trello-Mingle. Yes, Phabricator boards have
their problems, but they are improving, and they will improve more with
your usage and your feedback. In any case, these problems are small
compared with the community divide introduced by the use of Trello-Mingle.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil