[teampractices] Scrum-y tools based on BZ (was Re: Scrumbu.gs)

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 31 19:26:31 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 11:51 AM, Steven Walling wrote:
> Priority is less of a problem than closing a bug. Resolving a bug as
> anything except FIXED results in it being reopened regularly. One of the
> most important abilities in any prioritization is being able to say "No"
> to things.

I was also surprised about the resistance to WONTFIX in our Bugzilla,
hich I'd say is pretty peculiar to *.wikimedia.org.

The solution I found was to agree that "Lowest" is the new "No". I'm not
joking. As soon as we get our hands dirty in Bugzilla tech community
metrics I will make sure we remove Lowest reports fom the picture,
otherwise they distort it completely.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation