[teampractices] Proposed Bingle enhancement to reconcile closed bugs in Bugzilla in Mingle

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 12 11:11:01 UTC 2013

The spec sounds sane. I don't want bugs to jump into Accepted without
someone on the team looking at them; you have them moving around the
"middle lanes of the pool" which is OK.

If a critical bug is RESOLVED DUPLICATE of some other bug that hasn't been
brought into the current release, then people will look in Mingle and think
that the critical problem has been addressed (apart from signoff). The PM
should notice that the card isn't fixed at all and move one bug's Mingle
card back into development and the other into Accepted. I can't think of a
better way of handling duplicates.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> The mobile web team really felt the pain of having bug cards in our bug
> backlog in Mingle that had been resolved in Bugzilla after being added to
> Mingle. I've committed to reconciling these bug cards in our bug backlog.
> Since there are a lot, and since this is something I've been wanting to add
> to Bingle since day 1, I put together a user story with some acceptance
> criteria to clarify the new functionality and describe how specifically it
> should work. Normally I'd probably just add the feature to Bingle, but I
> think we need to be really thoughtful and careful about how Bugzilla/Mingle
> will adjust each other's statuses etc, so I want to make sure that the
> workflow I propose is sane. Please take a look and let me know if it should
> be adjusted:
> https://github.com/awjrichards/bingle/issues/21
>
> --
> Arthur Richards