[QA] Deploying wikimedia/portals for T110070

Stas Malyshev smalyshev at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 22 19:46:42 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'm working on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T110070 which has the
goal of bringing the Wikipedia portal (www.wikipedia.org) into Git. To
achieve that, I've created Gerrit repository wikimedia/portals which
will contain the portal code. The question I need some help with is how
to make it deployed on beta/production machines.

The goal is to have the content of this repository auto-deployed to some
place like /srv/mediawiki/portals - the exact names are not important,
the important part would be that once something is pushed to the repo,
it will appear under that path on all servers that implement
mediawiki::web::sites or mediawiki::web::beta_sites. So I was told to
ask on this list what would be the best way to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--
Stas Malyshev