[QA] T86359: Updating jenkins for extension registration changes

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Tue Feb 3 20:00:07 UTC 2015

Le 02/02/2015 19:16, Legoktm a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We're currently working on converting[1] all WMF-deployed extensions to
> use the new extension registration[2] system that was introduced in 1.25.
>
> I filed T86359[3] to track the updates we need to make to jenkins to
> accommodate the new system:
> * Use wfLoadExtensions() instead of require_once if an extension.json
> file is present
>  * I submitted a patch[4] for this, how can I help in getting it deployed?
> [1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87875
> [2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_registration
> [3] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T86359
> [4] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/184003

Hello Kunal,

Beside a quick look I gave to it on Jan 16th [1], I do not have any
spare cycles to context switch to the extension registration RFC and its
wfLoadExtensions() implementation.  Maybe the patches are just fine, but
I would need a couple hours to investigate/test them more deeply.

> * Run validateRegistrationFile.php whenever a extension/skin.json is
> modified (similar to the php-composer-validate job).

You can convert it / invoke it from the MediaWiki core PHPUnit
'structure' suite under tests/phpunit/structure . The structure suite is
now included by the PHPUnit job run on extensions:

 https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2014-December/079864.html

The MediaWiki skins only have a phplint job until someone figure out a
way to run the core PHPUnit tests for them.

>  * This depends upon an external library, what would be the best
> way to implement this?

Assuming we have core, we would have vendor as well. So maybe ship it in
vendor.

[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T86359#981543

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso