[QA] upstream bug reported for page_object Ruby gem

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 22 20:21:36 UTC 2014

Flow's post input fields morph from an input text field to a textarea upon
click. I assumed that was why we use "text_field", as it works with either.

I think your test is accessing the topic title (name="topiclist_topic"),
which continues to be an input text field after clicking, so textarea won't
work.

We could make an intermediate Flow step definition
  When I enter "Foo" in morphing |field_name|

that turns into
  step I click in the <input field element>
  and it becomes a <textarea element>
  and I send_keys "My reply here" in the <textarea element>

but I'm not sure how in Ruby/Watir

--
=S Page  Features engineer