[QA] deployment-soa-cache01 is down, what to do?

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 08:43:12 UTC 2014

Le 21/10/2014 22:55, Antoine Musso a écrit :
> Le 20/10/2014 21:42, Yuvi Panda a écrit :
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've been slowly ramping up Labs monitoring, and currently have hosts
>> up/down availability on shinken (shinken.wmflabs.org -
>> username/password: guest/guest).
>>
>> deployment-soa-cache01 seems to be a host in betacluster that is down,
>> does anyone know what to do with it?
>
> Hello,
>
> It seems deployment-soa-cache01 has been created back in August by
> Alexandros who is part of ops.
>
> I suspect 'soa' stands for Service Oriented Architecture, that would
> indicate the instance was/is meant to host multiple -oid services
> (citoid, mathoid, parsoid, whateveroid).
>
> One can poke Alexandros about it, will try to remember to ask him about
> it tomorrow.

Hello,

Confirmed with Alexandros that deployment-soa-cache01 was meant to be a
shared cache in front of soa instances.   It went down when virt1005
compute node had an issue a few weeks ago and the instance is not used
at all.

I have deleted it. We can recreate it later on.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso