[QA] Rubocop style checker

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 16 12:48:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Dan Duvall <dduvall at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Zeljko, I'd love to get the coding conventions in order before we
> re-enable this job, mostly to build consensus on what we're adopting from
> the bbatsov/rubocop style guide and what we're not.

I think we will not have much progress until there is a job complaining
after every commit. :)

The job is not disabled, if you think it should be, let us know. The idea
is to add rubocop to gemfiles of all repositories that need it, and then
submit rubocop dotfile that will ignore all existing problems. That will
stop the complaining.

The next step is the remove the problems one by one and document the
exceptions from the defaults. In the meantime, no new problems should be
introduced (since rubocop would complain).

Željko