[QA] Browser test guidelines and good practices

Jon Robson jrobson at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 14 17:33:05 UTC 2014

A few thoughts that might be worth adding:

* In mobile we have the convention of wrapping parameters in quotes. I
think we should adopt this as a convention, it makes it far easier to
grep for rules.
* Use 'css' selector instead of 'class' in more circumstances. This
allows you to make css changes easily without breaking the browser
tests unexpectedly.
e.g. And I go to the "San Francisco" page
* Steps should not be capitalised unless using the word 'I'
e.g. "When the boy goes to the shop" NOT "When The boy goes to the shop".