[QA] Are mediawiki_selenium and mediawiki_api ready for 1.0.0

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 10 19:32:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> Before releasing it, can we enforce the use of ruby 2.0 and no more
> depends on 1.9.x?

Ubuntu 12.04 ships Ruby 1.8 and Ubuntu 14.04 ships Ruby 1.9.  Labs-vagrant
gives me Ruby 1.9, I'm not sure what MediaWiki-Vagrant does.

I use RVM and it gives me a local .rvm/gems/ruby-2.x.x/bin/ruby matching
each bundle's requirement, but I'm confused whether RVM is our recommended
approach for running tests.  The e-mail thread from July "[QA] RVM and/or
rbenv" didn't end with a conclusive decision.

--
=S Page  Features engineer