[QA] Fwd: browser acceptance/smoke tests for mediawiki new install, upgrade, arbitrary language

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue May 20 21:31:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Chris Steipp <csteipp at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I think that's a great start.
>
> Eventually, I'd like to have tests for all of the major features of a
> default wiki (logs and recent changes, page moves and deletes, account
> creation, user login, watchlist handling, maybe file uploads), so we can
> use it for regression testing on our next LTS (1.23). But it looks like a
> lot of the groundwork is in that patchset.

Yes, I remember looking at this project some time ago and thinking it would
be difficult to support any mediawiki wiki in any language.  But now that
we have the nice wrapper from the browser tests to the create-page API
call, it is a much easier project.

It sounds like what exists now would be useful immediately.  I will start
building out the rest of your list in the near future.

-Chris