[QA] browser acceptance/smoke tests for mediawiki new install, upgrade, arbitrary language

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue May 20 20:18:13 UTC 2014

Hi Mark and Chris and everyone on the QA list,

Some time ago we discussed creating a set of browser-based tests to
validate the state of a newly installed or upgraded mediawiki wiki.

Last week I created one of those:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/133507/

Now I would like to get some review and discussion and see if this is
something we would like to package with the installs, or if there might be
other uses for such tests.

If such a suite of acceptance tests is useful to you, are the current tests
enough coverage, or should more be added?

And for those on the QA list, it would be great to get your comments also.
 The README might be the place to start:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/133507/9/tests/browser/README.mediawiki

Thanks,
Chris