[QA] Introduction - Exploratory Tester - Contribution

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon May 19 16:21:31 UTC 2014

Hi Jagan,

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM, jagannath sriramulu <
jagannathks at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to contribute towards testing activities for Wikimedia.
>

> Currently I am open about my participation(areas of participation) and can
> spend up to 4 hours per day.

Thanks!  The first thing you should do is to read the wiki page (and the
linked information) at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Quality_Assurance .

After you look that over, I am sure you will have further questions.  Do
please ask further questions on this list.

> I live in Bangalore, India and from Last Year, I have been working
> towards improving my Testing skills by completing AST BBST courses(
> http://www.associationforsoftwaretesting.org/), Rapid Software Testing.
>

> I participate in weekend testing (www.weekendtesting.com), and local test
> meet-ups.

Great! We've had weekend testing use Wikipedia a few times in the past.
 You might know my friend Michael Larsen,  he ran Weekend Testing Americas
for some time, and I think he also teaches the BBST course.
-Chris