[QA] Cloudbees + Safari?

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri May 16 07:13:03 UTC 2014

Le 15/05/2014 15:34, Gilles Dubuc a écrit :
> Is it by any chance possible to run cucumber tests under Safari on
> Cloudbees? If not, are there alternative solution to running the
> Cucumber tests on Safari automatically?

Hello,

TL:DR; yes we can do it, but need a couple weeks as other pieces are
assembled before.

Note Zeljkof was off for the last two weeks. I think he is coming back
next monday.

Long story
----------

The QA browser tests project started with third parties providers since
the Wikimedia CI infrastructure was not able to integrate the browser
tests at that time.

Zeljkof and Chris went with two third parties:

- Cloudbees which provides Jenkins
- Saucelabs which integrate Selenium and disposable virtual machines

Zeljkof and I started migrating the Cloudbees Jenkins jobs to use
jenkins job builder (in integration/jenkins-job-builder-config that is
the 'cloudbees' branch).

We now have to:

- fix the browser tests deployed on Wikimedia Jenkins:
  https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/

- integrate SauceLabs in the Jenkins Job Builder templates

>From there, we will be to easily expand the current browser tests to use
more os/browsers stacks as long as SauceLabs support them.

Hope that clarify the current situation and short term goals.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso