[QA] Pair programming[Tuesday (24rth June 2014)] with Zeljkof

Vikas Yaligar vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:10:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

Last week I had paired with Zeljko on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Here is what we did on Tuesday:

* We had Amir in this session, and initially we showed him what all we had
achieved last week.

* We started to write code for getting co-ordinates from page object
elements and passing it in rectangle method, which we had made earlier.

* To solve above problem, we wrote 2 small methods
"coordinates_from_page_element" [For getting co-ordinates from each page
object element] and "coordinates_from_page_elements" [which collects the
rectangle output by the "coordinates_from_page_element" method].

* Something new which I had learn't here was collect[1] and the new small
method looks clean and clears one's doubt about implementation.

* After we get this, we tested it with our rectangle method, and then we
got our screenshots [which can have at max. 2 page object elements].

* Also we discussed, about the zooming in browser being weird. As what we
saw, was not what we would get in screenshot after zooming. Also it differs
with browser.

* We also made a small analysis with Google chrome and Firefox browser with
one time zoom(1x) and 5 times zoom(5x). I have attached the images with
this mail.

-
[1]: http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-2.1.1/Array.html#method-i-collect

Regards